Archive for January 20th, 2011

Author:
• Thursday, January 20th, 2011

OK we all love a nice warm, cozy, crackling fire especially in the wintertime.  OK well you must remember a few important safety facts regarding your fire.  Fireplaces get HOT!!!  The mantle, screens, hearth, surrounding materials, utensils and especially Glass.  If you have a glass front the glass can get Extremely Hot and can burn just by a quick touch.  Also all the components of the fireplace can burn you and especially kids.  All of us here at Maryland Home Inspection Services want all of you to enjoy your fireplaces, but just always remember to be safe and exercise caution when the fireplace is in use.  Keep all infants and small children at a safe distance and never leave them alone near a hot fireplace.